Bengali Language Pack & Inscript Keyboard
Windows system supports typing directely in your Bengali langauge using Bengali Inscript Keyboard. We have to just activate it to type in Bangla. There is simple procedure of enabling Bengali Inscript Keyboard. Step by step procedure is given below in each version of Windows OS.
A. Bangla Language Pack & Inscript Keyboard in Windows 11
B. Bangla Language Pack & Inscript Keyboard in Windows 10
C. Bangla Language Pack & Inscript Keyboard in Windows 8 and 7
D. Bangla Language Pack & Inscript Keyboard in Windows XP
A. Install Bangla Language Pack & Keyboard in Windows 11
1. Click on the "Start" button, then select "Settings" -> "Time & Language" -> "Language & Region" - as shown in below image:
2. In "Language & region" page click on -> "Add a language", as highlighted in shown image:
3. A new window will open titled as "Choose a language to install". Search for Bengali in search box and select বাংলা (Bengali) and click on Next Button -> Install button.
4. After Installation complete, you will see Bengali appeared in preferred languages list as shown in below image:
5. Now you can enable/activate Bengali In-script keyboard from language bar docked in task bar as shown in Image given below: You can switch language from English to Bengali and again in English as you required.
B. Install Bangla Language Pack & Keyboard in Windows 10
1. Click on the "Start" button, then select "Settings" -> "Time & Language" -> "Language".
2. In Language settings page click on Language -> "Add a language", as highlighted in shown image:
3. A new window will open titled as "Choose a language to install". Search for Bengali in search box and select বাংলা (Bengali) and click on "Next" Button -> "Install" button.
4. You will see Bangla language started downloading in your windows 10 after completion of donwload you will see Bengali appeared in preferred language list.
5. After Completion of Installation you can enable or activate Bangla In-script keyboard from language bar docked in task bar as shown in Image given below: You can switch language from English to Bangla and again in English as you required.
C. Install Bengali Language Pack & Inscript Keyboard In Windows 8, 7 & Vista
1. Go to Regional and Language Options in Control Panel
2. Click on Change Keyboards button and then click on add button -> after that search for Bengali (India) and -> Expand the + sign and select bengali (check the checkbox) Keyboard as shown in figure below.
3. Select Bengali, Check Keyboard Layout and select bengali
4. Finally Click OK and Apply
How To Use Inscript keyboard
1. Open Any Application
2. Press alt + shift key , now you can write in Bengali with Inscript keyboard and if you again press alt+shift then you will switch to English Keyboard.
D. Enable Bengali Inscript Keyboard in the Windows XP
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Date, Time, Language and Regional Options
- Click on Regional and Language Options.
- Click on the Languages tab as shown below.
- Under the heading 'Supplemental language support' check the item 'Install files for Complex Script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)'.
- Allow the OS to install necessary files from WindowsXP disc and Reboot the system.
What to Select as User Locale, Location and System Locale?
- Click on the 'Regional Options' tab to set User Locale and Location.
- Under the heading 'Standards and format' select Bengali as your User Locale from the drop-down box. This selection will determine settings for numbers, currencies, times and dates as well as sorting rules for the language.
- Under the heading 'Location', select a country where you are physically located such as India.
Setting-up the Indian Language Keyboards or Input Locales In Regional and Language Options panel, click on the Languages Tab.
- Once Languages tab is selected click on the 'Details' tab to install different input locales or Keyboards.
- Click on the 'Add' button to add a keyboard for a particular language.
- In the drop-down box select Bengali as the Input Language.
- A corresponding keyboard layout/IME will be automatically selected as shown below. Click OK